Friday, May 16, 2008

There's No Place Like Home

The season is winding down. Only two more hours of Lost this season, and there’s no episode next week. So make the most of this edition of Ramblings . . .

1. Copter Parents:
· The Oceanic 6 arrive in Honolulu. They agree to meet with the press.
· The story is that the plane crashed in the ocean, they survived on “floatation devices,” got to an island, Membata.
· Membata means “doubt”
· Poor old Kate (gag) had no one waiting for her. Boo frickin hoo.
· Sayid also thought no one was waiting for him . . . but along came Nadia. YAY!

2. Strangest detail of the Oceanic 6 – Kate tells reporters that Aaron is just over 5 weeks old. That means that either they have traveled back in time or Aaron is not Aaron. I would say it is time travel . . .

3. El Donk told me about the time loop theory a while ago, but I just had to time to check it out. There’s a long, very detailed theory on the web, some of which makes a lot of sense, some of which I disagree. Here’s the gist of it:
a. The Island has mysterious magnet force, which was discovered by Alvar Hanso and the crew of the Black Rock. This spurred the creation of the Dharma Initiative.
b. The Dharma Initiative created a time machine.
c. Ben’s mother was a part of the initial group (I don’t agree with this theory). She got fed up with the group, seeing that it wasn’t providing anything useful to society, traveled back in time and had Ben. The cost of this was her life. (This doesn’t jive if Ben and Locke are indeed brothers).
d. The DI experimented initially with animals – that explains why the Polar Bears are in different places around the world and at different times.
e. Richard and Jacob were a part of the initial group, but when DI decided that time travel was a bad idea, they split off and formed The Others. Dick recruited Ben because he knew about his mom.
f. When they travel back in time, they do not change age. However, anything that happened in the “future” to their bodies does not apply. This is why Locke and Rose are cured. It would also explain why they cannot die.
g. Fate will not allow any major changes to the course of time . . . this is why the women can’t have babies. If they somehow do, the price is their lives.

4. I think it is a combo of Sci-Fi Time Travel Story and a big ole Allegory.

5. The Hurley-Burley – Hugo immediately tells everyone that he does not want his money or anything bought with the money. He believes this will keep him safe. Too bad the speedometer of the reconstructed car doesn’t agree.

6. This week in Lost Literature: We revisit the Wizard of Oz; “There’s No Place Like Home.” This, of course, fits with the whole time travel/alternate reality idea.

7. Sawyer had some zingers last night; it was nice to see James back in the game. “Genghis” – Miles. “You don’t get to die alone.” – Jack.

8. EXPLOSIVES: Do you think Jin is going to be blown to bits? How is Sun going to get off that freighter with Aaron? Does this mean my Des is going to die? He better not! What about Michael? Does the whole not dying thing mean that if he explodes he will somehow regenerate? That would be cool. Who rigged up the boat to explode? Was it Michael?

9. THIS WEEK IN BIBLE STUDIES: Not too much this week – but an interesting biblical fact – Aaron was 123 when he died. 1-23.

10. BADASS OF THE WEEK: Sun for putting the smackdown on Daddy. She says, “Two people are responsible for my husband’s death, and you are one of them.” Who was the other?

11. THE I-CALLED-IT AWARD: Goes to Your Loyal Lost Loser. I said Jack knows that Aaron is his nephew. Do you think Ms. Littleton knows that Aaron is her grandson?

12. Ben’s best line: “John, I told you, I always have a plan.” Runner up: “That’s a 15 year old cracker.”

13. One of the gunmen w/ Keamy is Ishmael, who Ben told Sayid had killed Nadia.

14. BEST LINE OF THE NIGHT: “JESUS IS NOT A WEAPON” HA!

15. Who does Ben communicate with via reflection? Was it Richard? Is that why he surrounds Jack and Sawyer in the jungle? Where did all these Others come from? Could it be the future?

I stayed up way past my bedtime last night just for you, so I’m sure I a missing some stuff. Don’t hide in the jungle!

Next week on Lost Loser Ramblings: There’s no episode next week, but I will be posting a special surprise I have been working on. Hint: It has to do w/ names.

Namaste,
Your Loyal Lost Loser

13 comments:

LoyalLostLoser said...

I forgot to add the link to the timeloop theory, if you're interested.

www.timelooptheory.com

Anonymous said...

As per Mrs. Littleton knowing that Aaron in her grandson, I think she does. There was no way she wouldn't have seen the absolute "I just punched in the stomach" reaction of Jack when she told him that Claire was her daughter. Also, I know babies don't always look like their mommies and daddies totally, but come on...that kid is so not Kate's.

How old is Aaron? By time (at least what we're calling time) on the island, he should be over 3-4 months old. So why would she lie about that? Because if she told the truth it would make Claire still alive? It doesn't make any sense, because there is no way she would have been 6 months preggo on the plane...she wasn't showing at all...and people saw her...just one of the many holes...

As for the whole Jack thing...the question now is...does Jack tell Kate what he finds out from Mrs. LIttleton? Kate wasn't a part of that conversation, and it is entirely possible Jack would have kept that on the DL.

Three more things:

1. Sun ROCKS.
2. Hurley running is funny. :)
3. My vote for best line of the night: "How are we going to move the island?"- Hurley "Very carefully"-Ben

Till next week. Looking forward to your surprise Kate!

Also, who is El DOnk?

LoyalLostLoser said...

I'll tell you who El Donk is if you tell me who you are, Anonymous.

LoyalLostLoser said...

Sad Charlie Brown music playing because of my loneliness.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to sign my name. This is Kate #2!!! Now, who's El Donk???

LoyalLostLoser said...

Look backwards . . . eldonk=knodle

SinD said...

el donk here!
When they were saying the number of days during the press conference - is that the same number of days that they think they were on the island? It seemed like the numbers were close - which would make the whole time difference thing even more confusing?
Great notes, LLR - busy day...

Cari Dunn said...

Jesus is not a weapon!

I want that on a tshirt.

I am so mad we have to wait two weeks but I know we'll be even madder at the end of the season. I am dying to know how the Oceanic Six all make it together to get off the island.

The numbers on Hurley's car odometer, well no wonder he's crazy. That would set me over the edge too.

Anonymous said...

This season has truly steered me into a very unknown land! I don't know where anything or anyone is going. I am still so sad that Jin doesn't make it.
I don't think Michael did the explosives.

I do think Mrs. Littleton knows about Aaron. A grandma just knows.

It seemed awfully risky to say that Aaron was Kate's baby. If they wanted to, couldn't they figure out she was never pregnant? Well, maybe she was with that policeman hubby she had. I can't remember.

Alright, so the island will blow up or move. But if they move it, how do people back in the states have a name for this island, know where it is and that it is uninhabited? Desmond can't die. He has to get to Penny.

Why does Jack come off being so bossy? Why isn't he at Hurley's birthday? I still want to know who was in the casket at the end of last season!!

Too many open ends. I can't keep track of it all.

LoyalLostLoser said...

Jack=Martyr. He is the false prophet, I say! That is why he is not supposed to raise Aaron.

Anonymous said...

Awesome episode, but I am totally confused by the whole time change thing. Is the island in the past or the future? I'm dying here!
Has Nadia simply not been killed yet? Still don't know how Michael can't die. Foggy on the whole can't give birth on the island thing. Unclear about Rose's and Locke's cures. AHHH! My brain hurts.

But I do know one thing...Sawyer be dying soon. This would better explain why Kate feels the need to do something for him back in the real world.

Also, more and more I think that Ben is the one in the coffin. That's his key to getting back, which he desperately wants (eventually). And with the state of the economy, who can blame him? (OK, so the show's not in the present tense...still thought it was funny).

Rob

Anonymous said...

After re-reading my comment, I have an ambiguous "he" in the last paragraph. Shame on me. The "he" is Jack, of course.

Rob again

Anonymous said...

xcfr jtvve [URL=http://www.katesxxx.com]katesxxx[/URL] wduhyo h io p smu