Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Lighthouse

I know some of you are getting frustrated with the alternate realities, but I am kinda digging it. As you will see below, some of the biblical stuff (might be) is starting to come together for me . . . but then again, maybe I am totally pulling it out of my . . . you know.


Alternate Reality:


1.Jack’s scar – now appendicitis, though Jack does not remember this. Jack seems to be forgetting a lot . . . and remembering/recognizing weird things

2. David – Jack’s son. With Sarah? Or perhaps someone else . . . he looks an awful lot like Kate. But Jack said that he knew “mom” was out of town. Kate’s a little more than “out of town.” Another possibility? See TWIBS . . .

3. The WILL – Claire Littleton (Jack seems to recognize the name)

4. THIS WEEK IN BIBLE STUDIES: David (before becoming King or even the slayer of Goliath) was known as . . . wait for it . . .A musician who soothed King Saul as he was being tormented. Another interesting tidbit . . . David was the son of RUTH (think, think, who is Ruth? Could this be a super bizarre twist?) Some Jewish tradition also states that Adam gave up 70 years of his own life for David’s.

Could the Shephard be the descendant of Jack?

Ok, my Sunday School memory is a little hazy, so help me out here (Jan, I’m talking to you): Biblically speaking, are Aaron (brother of Moses, prevented from entering the Promised Land) and David both forefathers of the promised land? Not quite sure where to go with this, but it seems brilliant and relevant somehow.

5. David is brilliant with his hands, just like his father and grandfather – was Jack at some point disappointed? No, he was obsessive about it. Really, Jack was obsessive and overbearing? I can’t believe it.

6. DOGEN!!! “They’re too young to have this kind of pressure.” “Hard to watch and be unable to help” (talking about the kids or the Losties?)

7. THIS WEEK IN LOST LITERATURE: Annotated Alice – David always loved it as a kid. Was Jack, again, drawn to share his “island” story with his son? See
http://lostloserramblings.blogspot.com/2007/05/through-looking-glass.html for more . . .

. . . and . . .

The Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf – a philosophical novel about relationships and time . . .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_the_Lighthouse


ARRRRGHGHGHGHGH!!! I’m so confused!


Temple/Island World

1.Dogen – “Everything is an option.”



2. Asthma inhaler – Shannon’s. Relevance?

3. Adam and Eve
“What if these skeletons are us?”
Chasing the ghost of my dead father.


4. Jungle Claire:
a. How about the “baby doll”? – creep!
b. Tortures temple dude – Has totally become Danielle
c. I kept saying, “doesn’t Jin know where Aaron is? Did no one bother to tell him? He never bothered to ask what happened to the baby?” WTF took him so long. Turns out to be a decent decision . . .
d. Was shot in the leg by whom?
e. “Stuck me with needles, branded me” – trying to save her from Flocke?
f. Knew she would kill him anyway . . . cause she straight up CRAZY!!!!!
g. Which is why Jin now has to lie. Why would she kill Kate for raising Aaron? Could it be that the psychic way back in Sydney was an agent of Smokey? He kept saying she has to raise Aaron. Or was he being an agent of Jacob and warning Claire that if she did not raise Aaron, she would become Darkness? The name Claire means clear . . . which she no longer is.
a. “My father told me and my friend told me” – Flocke/Lockeness/Smokey has infected her. So are you convinced yet that Flocke/Lockeness/Smokey is “bad”? I think I’m about there. “He’s not Locke; he’s my friend.” \ Now Jin is lying so Claire won’t kill him.
b. Are Christian and Smokey separate entities or does Smokey inhabit Christian to gain Claire’s trust? I’m leaning toward separate . . .

5. Jacob and Hurley and Jack, oh my!:
a. Someone is coming ot the island. I need you to help them find it.
b. Hurley writes on arm – push (symbol) was all I managed to read . . . anyone able to read more of it?
c. Favorite line: “I just lied to a Samurai”
d. “You have what it takes” Something Christian once said?
e. “I’d make a terrible dad” – Jack
f. “Why did you come back” Hurley – “cause Jacob told me to”; Jack – “because I was broken and I was stupid enough to think this place could fix me.”
g. Jacob really wanted Jack to see . . . “needs to find himself”
h. As far away from the temple as possible . . . someone really bad . . . can’t warn them . . . too late. Is Jacob protecting them from Flockey?

6. Lighthouse –
108 degrees -- Just a rouse? (says Wallace)

HOLY CRAP MOMENT: Flashing on other realities – 23 Shephard -- Watching us the whole time. Jack’s childhood house. “Why was he watching us?” Isn’t an equally important question “how was he watching us?” I’m just sayin . . .

WHAT A DUMBASS!!! Why the hell would he break it? It’s a connection to the outside world . . .

In case you’re wondering, #109 = Friendly (as in Mr. Friendly). Ha ha!

So what do you think? Jacob benevolent? Smokey malevolent? Jack the new Jacob? Jack the messiah? So much to think about . . . and the preview promised more answers next week (yes, I felt there was some clarity this week, shoot me).

Namaste,
LLL

4 comments:

flat yeast bread said...

"Are Christian and Smokey separate entities or does Smokey inhabit Christian to gain Claire’s trust? I’m leaning toward separate . . ."
I think there is a third entitie, It was in Christian and is now in Clair, smokey's side-kick.????

Anonymous said...

I want to comment about the Ruth/David/Jack thing. It can't really be Sarah's baby because David is about 14 years old, which would mean Jack would have had to have him in his mid-twenties (I am putting Jack in his early 40s). Jack didn't meet Sarah until he was a doc operating on and saving all sorts of peeps.
Ruth...wasn't she Juliette's sister? Who had cancer and was dying? What do we know about her???? Everyone seems to be intersecting somehow, but that would be WAY random, even for Lost...

Hmmm....

Loving this!

Kate Young :)

Anonymous said...

Someone is coming to the island. I definitely think it is Desmond.

Jack says he came back to the island because he was broken. So he breaks mirrors to re-inforce how fractured he feels his life has been. He went to Ausralia to reconcile with his father, but he died in season 1 before he could do so. Now in season 6 he is successful in reconciling with his son. He is in a reflective mood, looking both in the temple pond and later staring at the ocean. Can he believe in magic? Will he pull a rabbit out of his hat?

Creepy thought. Books in Claires crib are all baby books. Does she read them to what's in the bassinet?

Chopin's Fantasie was the same piece Daniel Faraday played as a kid. The left hand and the right hand play independently (like our two timelines) until the end when they combine to make a C major chord.

Looks like SHEPARD was written by someone else on the lighthouse wheel, he's in CAPS while others are not. Smokey? Was another name erased on purpose?

Austen is #51. That's 4 8 1(5 1)6 23 42. Hmmm... Sawyer is 15 and Kate is 51. Destiny, sorry.

-steve

LoyalLostLoser said...

Yuck, Steve. Kate and Sawyer cannot be destiny. Just yuck!