Thursday, March 26, 2009

He's Our You

This morning, I feel like I am your Sayid, like Oldham is Dharma’s Sayid. It’s a crazy morning, and I feel like bashing heads . . . but that’s another story.

1. Possibly BIBLICAL?: The episode opens with Sayid killing a chicken so that his brother won’t have to. This is like Eko, who killed so that his brother Remy would not have to. Brothers sacrificing seems biblical to me, but if you have some specifics . . .

2. THIS WEEK IN LOST LITERATURE: Ben gives Sayid a copy of A Separate Reality by Carlos Castaneda. The author asserted that this is a non-fiction work; it is about apprenticing under a wizard. How fitting that Ben, who wishes to go live with Richard, would be enthralled by this book.

3. Furthering my theory that Widmore might not be the baddy . . . all the men that Sayid is sent to kill by Ben work for Widmore, but were they actually out to get the O6? I doubt it. Also, Ben blamed Widmore for Locke’s death . . . and we KNOW that’s not true!

4. Character reminder – Radzinsky is the guy who Des replaced in the hatch when he arrived at the island. He was dead before Des got there; he blew his brains out.

5. Sawyer’s beard is back!

6. Best line of the night: “Join the party in Dharmaville!” – Sawyer to Sayid

7. Oldham – “I’m Larry, this is my brother Darryl, this is my other brother Darryl.” Was it acid that he gave Sayid? Too funny.

8. Why would Horace contact Ann Arbor? Is the a UM connection with Dharma?

9. Ilana kicks Sayid’s ass . . . saw that one coming . . . do you think Ben hired her under the guise of Peter Avalino’s family? Or do you think she knows she is working for Ben (if she is . . . which I think she is)? I think Little Ceasar is, too.

10. Sayid on acid . . . didn’t know he could be funny.

11. I’m sooo glad that girl fight was just a teaser in the previews last week. But I still want a Team Juliet t-shirt.

12. HOLY CRAP – I didn’t think he could really kill a kid, but Sayid took L’il Ben down! So the question is, when Farraday said you can’t change the past, was he being literal, like it is not possible to change the past, or was he giving them a warning NOT to change the past?

13. So why did the O6 come back? Was it really to help the Flashies, or was it to help themselves because their real lives lack meaning and/or purpose?

I will be on a well-deserved vacation next week, so the blog may be a little late . . . unless someone wants to guest blog?

Namaste,
LLL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally, I liked when, after being asked how he found Sayid, Ben says, "I looked." Classic. The runner-up is Sayid telling Oldham, "You put on the perfect amount" (followed by maniacal laughter)--he's referring to the drug he was given. Yes, acid was (and I'm sure still is in some circles) given on sugar cubes--faster reacting and purer that way. But I'm not sure this was really acid. I know they're in the 70's but acid is not really a truth serum. (I've done a lot of reading on acid, okay...)

Great call on Oldham being from that Bob Newhart show--was it called Newhart? However, he was also a GREAT character in Deadwood. Any fans out there? Man, I miss that show...so cool.

I always knew the Wolverines were shady. I've never liked U of M!

Did Radzinsky blow his brains out or was he killed? Do we know?

I prefer the idea that they CAN'T change the past. Hence, little Ben is not really dead. But he'll sure be pissed when he "wakes up"! It seems like he's capable of crazy things even at that age. Does his father's abuse really explain just how messed up he is?

Rob

Anonymous said...

8. In an orientation film from an earlier episode it showed the founders of the Dharma Initiative as being the DeGroots, who were working on their doctorates from UM.

Pretty convenient that LLR takes a vacation when the show has a Kate centric episode. "What happened , happened" is being drummed into us. We expect this not to be entirely true and and much more confusion to occur.